Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Today

Today is one of those days I wish I could live over and over. And one of those days when I could totally be a stay-at-home-mom. Yes, some days I feel like I'm being pecked to death by chickens (I've heard another mother describe it this way -- I've since adopted the description), but today was borderline perfect. The weather was amazing. We had nowhere we had to be. The kids were in a great mood. Cooper slept blissfully all morning. Ella threw her arms around me and gave me her silly smile and I seriously felt my heart triple in size. I walked everywhere with a skip in my step. I'm not sure if a 32-year-old's best friend can be a two-year-old, but I think mine is. We shared Mac n Cheese at one of my favorite lunch places and then hung out in the park. Ella had me laughing all day. The sun was shining everywhere we went. I want to remember today.



Covered with chocolate from the chocolate chip cookie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's what life is all about!! So happy you had a nice day!

PATER FAMILIAS said...

you are a wonderfull mother..so glad you are getting so much enjoyment with your family..