Tuesday, September 13, 2011

And So It Begins...

That's right - school has officially begun! Last night, I said at dinner that it was a "school night," and I thought -- wow -- this is the first of many many school nights to come! We have been prepping Ella for this for a while. Her teacher, Ms. Monica, came to the house to meet her last week. And we have been talking about how Mommy and Daddy don't get to go to school, only Ella. Little did we know...they actually invited the parents to stay the first day. I almost didn't want to out of fear that Ella will think we can stay every time!

Super smiley on her first day of school.

The nerves set in and she wanted Mommy to hold her.



I only really got her to smile like this because I was hiding and jumping out from behind the bushes...and she thought it was funny.


Here we are!



Checking out the playground before heading into the classroom.

She was selling me apples. She told me they cost "40 hours."

Making her way up the stairs to her "Ducks" classroom. At this point, she found a tiny bit of courage and told me "bye-bye Mommy, I'm okay," but then promptly changed her mind and asked in the same breath, "Will you stay with me?" Luckily, today, I could :)

Checking out the train table.

Out to lunch with Mommy after the first day of school :)

No comments: