Work has been nuts. Brian was out of town. I apparently can't even handle one weekend of solo parenting. By Sunday I was so crazed that I got up and left the kids to their own devices in the kitchen. I laid on the couch and even ignored Ella's screams that "COOPER IS POURING THE WATER!!" I figured I would clean it up later. But Ella was persistent and I finally scraped myself off the couch to discover that Cooper -- who if you say no, or don't help him, just figures out how to do it himself -- had pulled the stool over to the counter, climbed up on the counter, gotten his own cup out of the cabinet, and was proceeding to help himself to the Brita water pitcher.
Yikes.
That same day Ella went to her room crying four separate times. No joke. And this was all before 10 AM.
I even attempted to be crafty to keep the kids occupied. But it involved paint, which was a bad idea.
All single parents, or wives of deployed husbands (or vice-versa) deserve a MEDAL OF HONOR.
However, Mimi and Nana (like usual) saved the day. Brian returned. I JUST finished a crazy project at work and am finally home and ready to turn my mind to our upcoming trip to SPAIN! I was really anxious about leaving the kids, but I think God knew exactly what was best for me -- a little time single-parenting and a crazy time at work so that I would be oh so ready for a break! I will miss them like crazy but am super jazzed about the idea of 10 days just with Brian! Maybe we'll get to say more to each other than "so, do you want to clean the kitchen or put the kids to bed?"
Here are some pictures that (as customary) make our lives look much more civilized than is actually the case:
Jammie story time at the library
Picnics on the Mall. Our new favorite Sunday activity.
Neighborhood rugrats.
Preschool truck touch.
Gardening season
More picnics
More rugrats. Same place. Same popsicles. Different outfits.












No comments:
Post a Comment