Monday, September 8, 2014

First Day of K!


That's right - the day has arrived.  My first baby in Kindergarten.  Hard to believe.

The only time I got a little sad was the night before when I was at the grocery store.  My mind started trying to grasp onto every little memory of her as a baby and toddler and I started panicking that I couldn't remember her that way.  Have I lost that sweet little chubby-faced blue-eyed baby?  She was my whole life when she was that age.  And now I can hardly remember her that way...

But she was beyond thrilled to start and has just looooved it so far.  I'm sure the novelty will wear off at some point but right now she basically skips her way to the bus stop and arrives home with a huge smile on her face.  It doesn't hurt that her very best neighborhood friends are also on the bus with her.  And that BFF Zoe is in her class!













 Seeing the bus coming down the street was surreal.


As soon as it arrived they started running!  It was like they just got sucked up by the bus.  I didn't even hug her goodbye!!




 Coming home - so happy and with a big hug for mommy!!


First day success.

No comments: