Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Little Things

It really is the little things in life.  It has to be.  Because that's what 99% of life is, right?

I wish, when I was in junior high school someone could have shown me pictures of my life now.  When everything was so full of drama and my current life seemed impossible.

Like it was only a fairy tale.

But to me, it still kind of is.

There are times I drive home from work, turn the corner - and WHAM! there in front of me are two of the most adorable children playing in a yard, blond hair gleaming in the sun, laughing and running.  Whose adorable children are those?  There is no way this is my life, my children.  Is this for real?

And when it hits me that yes, they are really mine, I can hardly breathe.  I'm giddy like it's Christmas morning.

So here are some of our everyday moments.  Nothing special, just us.  Exactly as we are.  Exactly as it should be.


Dancing with friends on a playdate.


Building mega-cool flying buses.


Pajama time in the neighborhood.

Buckles.  All the time.  All day long.

Seriously.  We just empty out Emma's drawer, and he goes to town.  Buckling everything.  Now, if only we could teach him to unbuckle.

Up on her tippy-toes for just "one more bite."

Train rides with Mimi.

Ella no longer needs the training potty.  But Cooper has claimed it.  Every time Ella goes in there, he is right there behind her.  With a magazine, of course.

No comments: