Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hot Tamales

Yes, it's about a bazillion degrees here.  Ella likes to exclaim "hot tamales!" whenever she goes outside.  The nanny thought it was so funny and asked where she got that expression.  Ummm, from her mama of course.  Who else would say something so ridiculous!

We've been braving the heat the best we can.  Matching outfits on July 4th always help, right?


Cooper's face is awesome here.  I need to write a post soon about this kid.  He is an absolute nut.  He outsmarts me all the time and thinks it is HYSTERICAL.




Handsome boy...


 Nana wrestles the beast.


We haven't had too much luck with fireworks in the past.  Ella is NOT a fan.  So this year we decided to play it cool and have lunch at Nana and Baba's and hang out at the pool.




SUCH a typical Ella face, like c'mon mom.  She even half closes her eyes sometimes and gives me a snarky little look.  I will capture it on camera!
 A little better.

 Aww, there's her smile!

 Playing at the pool with her buddy Anna.




This picture is solely to scare Mimi and Nana.  My mom probably has a zillion stats ready to go about the dangers of fireworks.  Do I hear my phone ringing?





Mimi helping us brave the heat.



Trying to beat the heat at the library.  Cooper does not believe in the quiet rule at the library.

Helping to check out.

 And on a totally unrelated note...let's talk about this kid's eyelashes!  Ella has some serious eyelashes, but Cooper's take it to a whole new level.  This kid already runs my life (you should hear how many times a day he yells "Mama, Mama!"  No matter where I am or who is with him, he pats the floor next to him and yells "Mama! Mama!" implying that I am supposed to come sit with him, to read, eat, play legos, whatever).  How am I supposed to resist? 





No comments: