So, I LOVE the first day of school. The excitement, the anxiety, the freshly sharpened pencils (do they use pencils anymore?) the slight feeling in the air that Fall is on its way, backpacks, new clothes, meeting your teacher, finding out who's in your class... I could go on and on!
I'm not sure Ella quite grasps the MONUMENTAL EVENT that is the first day of school, but she did oblige by letting me take tons of pictures (nothing unusual about that) and even held a silly sign for me. Yes, we've all learned from Pinterest that good mommies will have their child hold a chalkboard sign saying it is their child's first day of school. I do not, by any means, claim to be a good mommy, but decided to pretend to be one just for today.
I wanted Cooper to get in the picture with her. This is as much as he would give us.
The first attempt. It's not quite instinct yet that what we really like to see in photos are FACES.
Okay, the night before, as I was giving her a bath, I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up. I really wanted it to come straight from her -- no coaching. I hoped it would be something funny (at one point in my life I wanted to be a pig trucker). She thought for a while. I would usually help by giving suggestions, but I refrained. Then she said, "I don't know." So she thought some more. And then, "I know, I want to be a mommy!"
I'll take that as a tiny bit of affirmation that I haven't entirely messed up this whole mommy thing.
She also did this pose all by herself. I don't think it's awesome to always talk about how cute your kids are, but in these pictures I. Just. Can't. Stand. It. Is she really mine?
Looking like SUCH a big boy.
When Ella got to school, she was instantly done with me. It was a new classroom so she was busy exploring. She stopped only twice. First to tell me that she was cold. Second to tell me that she was hungry. Given that I have spent 95% of my life cold and/or hungry (that sounds bad) she is definitely my child.
Back with Anna! Luckily, best buds Ella and Anna are back together again -- this time in the dinosaurs class. Anna walked in with her backpack and the first words out of her mouth were "Where is Ella."
Cooper getting in on the action. He was kind of bummed to leave. This is nanny Sarah helping him out.
With her teacher, Miss Rose. Miss Rose has five children -- all of them went to Fort Hunt Preschool!
All new dress up clothes. Ella is in heaven.








1 comment:
Ella looked so beautiful and so mature!! You can almost see what she will look like as a teenager!! Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment