I have a zillion pictures to share from Thanksgiving. It was crazy awesome. I might even describe it as epic. I was like a kid on Christmas morning on the way down. It's a once-every-two-years chance to stay at at the old family farm with my ridiculously awesome cousins and their kids. I can't think of a better tradition for E & C!
However, first I must talk about today. Somehow, we had five doctor's appointments scheduled before 9:30 am. So, let's break that down. (1) A follow up for my eye surgery at 7:30 am -- an hour away in Maryland, (2) Emma's teeth cleaning at 7:45 am; (3) Brian's physical therapy appointment at 8:00 am; and (4&5) sick visits for the kids at 9:15 am (yes, I am counting that as two appointments). This doesn't count the contractor who was coming to look at our basement at 11:00 am (which flooded during Sandy), picking up Ella's classmate to take him home from preschool (even though Ella was sick and didn't go), and a dentist appointment for Brian at 1:00 pm.
So, I know 99% of people live nowhere near their parents, but I am honestly not sure how that works. Really. Both grandmoms were fully invested in getting all this done this morning -- getting up at oh-dark-thirty and coordinating the craziness. They are both saints. Honestly. And I won't even tell you everything else they do because I am afraid everyone will realize how spoiled I am and will no longer talk to me.
We're also missing the big Christmas parade tomorrow, which is kind of a bummer. Cooper's fever spiked to 104.7 degrees tonight. I don't usually get worked up about being sick, but I have to admit that my heart kind of skipped a beat when those numbers popped up. And after the week we've had -- well the couple weeks we've had (I was sick, crazy (but awesome) trip to Thanksgiving, I had eye surgery (for double vision -- I'm fine, no worries) Cooper got pink eye (the same day I came home looking like a vampire from the eye surgery), both kids got sick, even Emma came home today with stitches from an extracted tooth) I'm kind of looking forward to a hopefully quiet day at home putting up the Christmas decorations.
Okay, if you made it this far, you get to see pictures:



























No comments:
Post a Comment