Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cooper and the Gruffalo


This kid.

I didn't think I wanted a boy.  I had a picture in my head of sisters.  Two sugar sweet little ones.  But oh my goodness.  I'm glad that the big man up there knew better.  Knew that little boys steal your heart and don't let go.  That they wrap their little sticky fingers around their mommy's hand and you never. ever. want. to. let. go.  And the best part is -- neither do they. 

And before I say more, I need to talk about my kitchen table.  Yes, that's right.  There are a zillion things I like and don't like about my house.  And the table itself -- it's junk.  But you know what I love?  The morning light that comes in and lights up our lives in the morning.  It's warm.  It's hopeful.  It makes me feel good no matter what.  And where ever we end up after this house, I need my kitchen table and my morning light.

So, back to Mr. C's big day.  He finally mastered saying that he was "two!" instead of "one!" every time we asked how old he was.  He had birthday pancakes.  We all sang.


Here's the thing about little boys.  One minute he's clinging to me yelling "Mommy, hold you!  Hold you pleeeease mommy!"  The next second he is screaming "Bam, bam" and "Mommy, I bam this!  Roooaaaarrr!  I fighting!  Bam bam!"  And, to my surprise, I love it (most of the time).  I can't stop laughing at my sweet, crazy, little bundle of energy.

Here he is.  My very grown up little man.

Anyone know about the Gruffalo?  Cooper is obsessed.  And I think he has good taste.  It is a super awesome story that I am (nearly) equally obsessed with.  I attempted to make a gruffalo cake.  

So, the cake ain't professional grade.  But all that matters is that Cooper loved it.  He brought each person over to see it.  Including his girlfriend Natalie.  And I use the terms "girlfriend" in all seriousness.


We ate, we partied, we laughed.


Ella was very angry that I wouldn't make her a grilled cheese.


And then we ate cake.




And opened presents.



Cooper was quite excited to get a Gruffalo book.



We read books.



We raced cars.


Ella danced.


These two love birds bonded over an iPhone.

All in all, a pretty perfect little day for my little man.

No comments: